Re: [HACKERS] int 8 on FreeBSD

От Holm Tiffe
Тема Re: [HACKERS] int 8 on FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Holm Tiffe wrote:
>
> > The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> >
> > > Agreed, but, as far as I've seen so far (and I use FreeBSD myself, and
> > > hate it),
> >
> > Why you use it ?
>
> I knew after I typed that that I had worded it wrong...I hate the way it
> installs various ports, like tk/tcl ... I don't hate FreeBSD itself...
>
> > > FreeBSD is the only one that confuses the whole mess by doing
> > > this :(
> >
> > I think, this is because FreeBSD has learned. There was a time who Tcl/Tk
> > versions where released nearly every day. FreeBSD has had an "imported"
> > tcl version in it's source dist. All Tcl versions where incomatible
> > to each other this time, and I've had to work around this several times.
> > The current behavior of FreeBSD is the only one solution for this.
> > Think of Linux, which libc today ?
>
> The "only one solution for this" is the standard/accepted one by everyone
> *except* for FreeBSD, that is *why* we have standards...

I meant: the only one solution to install more than one such package on one
machine at a time.
(Why we have problems to express our self today ? :-))
[ok, I have languages related problems too...]

back to standards:
Why a PC uses metric AND inch screws ?
Why we have MS Windows (grr), MacOS, OS/2, *BSD, Linux .... ?
(order isn't important here)
It's because we all have different tastes ...

You hate it, an I simply accept it.
I have had to use tcl3 and tcl8 on a customers machine.

Holm
--
FreibergNet Systemhaus GbR      Holm Tiffe  * Administration, Development
Systemhaus für Daten- und Netzwerktechnik           phone +49 3731 781279

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] int 8 on FreeBSD
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] int 8 on FreeBSD