Re: [HACKERS] RE: [GENERAL] Benchmarking PGSQL against Microsoft SQL 7.0?

От Tom
Тема Re: [HACKERS] RE: [GENERAL] Benchmarking PGSQL against Microsoft SQL 7.0?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Jackson, DeJuan wrote:

> I can't really give a feature comparison of MS SQL 7.0 as I've never
> used it. as for a benchmarking, although it is out of date, check
> http://www.tcx.se/benchmark.html.  There is no direct comparison of
> PostgreSQL and MS SQL but it might give you some idea of something (hey
> I can't make heads or tails of it all, but remember a smaller bar is
> better).
> Oh well, hope this helps somebody somehow,
>     -DEJ

  There appear to be significant benchmarking hurdles with MS SQL 7.0
Hasn't everybody seen Oracle's million dollar challenge to Microsoft?  It
is somewhere on www.oracle.com  Basically, if you can publish benchmark
results that show Oracle less than X times (was it 90 times?) faster than
MS SQL, Oracle would give you a million bucks.  The trick here is that the
licence agreements for many DBMS prohibit the publishing of benchmarks!
Either that, or Oracle really is 90 times faster than MS SQL!

Tom

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] 6.4 lateness and CIDR
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] 6.4 lateness and CIDR