RE: [GENERAL] Benchmarking PGSQL against Microsoft SQL 7.0?

От Jackson, DeJuan
Тема RE: [GENERAL] Benchmarking PGSQL against Microsoft SQL 7.0?
Дата
RE: [GENERAL] Benchmarking PGSQL against Microsoft SQL 7  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
There has been a discussion in the HACKERS list (check the archives on
the website
[http:\\www.postgresql.org\]) about PostgreSQL vs MS SQL 6.5 for the
last 2 days or so.
I think these ideas must come in threes, so where is that other person?

I can't really give a feature comparison of MS SQL 7.0 as I've never
used it. as for a benchmarking, although it is out of date, check
http://www.tcx.se/benchmark.html.  There is no direct comparison of
PostgreSQL and MS SQL but it might give you some idea of something (hey
I can't make heads or tails of it all, but remember a smaller bar is
better).
Oh well, hope this helps somebody somehow,
    -DEJ