Re: [HACKERS] CORBA interface in backend?

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] CORBA interface in backend?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Michael Meskes wrote:

> This is where it gets tricky. Which existing ORB are you thinking about? I
> know of only two free ORBs: The Gnome one (orbit) and mico. Orbit is GPLed
> so there's a problem with PostgreSQL becoming GPLed. However, as long as
> PostgreSQL remain free under the BSD license that should be okay. But we
> defintely lose the possibility to make this a commercial product. Not that
> we want to do so.
Both are GPLd then, as I'm doing work with MICO and FreeBSD, and
just checked their license files.
Now, here is where *I* get confused.  MICO uses LGPL for its
libraries, so does this mean that the ORB hooks could be added where
applicable, still under the BSD license, but in order to compile it in,
mico's libraries would have to be installed first?  Its something we
check for/do with the tcl stuff...
So, could the ORB hooks be added with a config option of
'--enable-orb' *without* the requirement for adding in any GPLd code?

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

От: Michael Meskes
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] CORBA interface in backend?
От: "Jeff Hoffmann"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] CORBA interface in backend?