Re: [HACKERS] CORBA interface in backend?

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: [HACKERS] CORBA interface in backend?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 11, 1998 at 03:30:06PM -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>     Both are GPLd then, as I'm doing work with MICO and FreeBSD, and
> just checked their license files.
>
>     Now, here is where *I* get confused.  MICO uses LGPL for its
> libraries, so does this mean that the ORB hooks could be added where
> applicable, still under the BSD license, but in order to compile it in,
> mico's libraries would have to be installed first?  Its something we
> check for/do with the tcl stuff...

Yes. As long as we add the ORB hooks ourselves (or use some under the BSD
copyright) this is fine. Just linking a program against an LGPLed library
does not force you to (L)GPL the program.

>     So, could the ORB hooks be added with a config option of
> '--enable-orb' *without* the requirement for adding in any GPLd code?

Yes, I think so.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Manager of the Western Branch Office, Datenrevision GmbH
work: Cuxhavener Str. 36, D-21149 Hamburg