Re: [HACKERS] cvs and empty directories

От The Hermit Hacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] cvs and empty directories
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I have found cvs creating many directories that I know were removed from
> the source tree.  I now use the -P option to cvs update/checkout to
> prevent this from happening.
>
>        -P     Prune  (remove)  directories  that  are empty after
>               being updated, on checkout, or  update.   Normally,
>               an  empty  directory (one that is void of revision-
>               controlled files) is  left  alone.   Specifying  -P
>               will cause these directories to be silently removed
>               from  your  checked-out  sources.   This  does  not
>               remove the directory from the repository, only from
>               your checked out copy.  Note that  this  option  is
>               implied  by  the  -r  or -D options of checkout and
>               export.

    The general recommendation that I've received concerning this is
to run:

    cvs -q update -APd

    -q puts it in a quiet mode, so only changes are reported
    -A removes any sticky tags to give you CURRENT sources
    -P Prunes (as above)
    -d creates any new directories required

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org