Re: [HACKERS] cidr

От Paul A Vixie
Тема Re: [HACKERS] cidr
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] cidr
Список pgsql-hackers
> As far as the name, we just want a name that makes it clear to novices what
> the module does.  ip_and_mac is pretty clear.  I have no idea what a cidr
> is.  If you can think of a more descriptive name, let's go for it.

cidr = classless internet domain routing.  it's the "204.152.184/21" notation.

i'm not sure we need a type name that makes sense to novices.  what we need
is an example in the "type range" column.  if we can say that int2's allowed
ranges are 0 to 65535 and have folks get what we mean without further intro,
then we can teach novices about cidr by saying that allowable ranges are 0/0
through 255.255.255.255/32.