Re: [HACKERS] cvs and empty directories

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] cvs and empty directories
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
>     The general recommendation that I've received concerning this is
> to run:
>     cvs -q update -APd
>     -q puts it in a quiet mode, so only changes are reported
>     -A removes any sticky tags to give you CURRENT sources
>     -P Prunes (as above)
>     -d creates any new directories required

Unless you have a fast connection to hub.org, another good switch is
"-z3" to enable use of gzip compression on the cvs server connection.
(Marc presumably doesn't need this, but I sure do.)

-z is a "generic" switch that applies to all cvs ops not just update,
so it goes on the left side of the update keyword:

    cvs -q -z3 update -APd

BTW, you can use a ~/.cvsrc file to set default switches and not
have to remember to supply them.  I use

cvs -z3
update -d -P

so I can just type "cvs update".  Any other cvs command that I issue
will also automatically get -z3, which makes cvs a lot more usable
over a modem link.