RE: [INTERFACES] Postgres Limitations

От Jim Carroll
Тема RE: [INTERFACES] Postgres Limitations
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Jackson, DeJuan wrote:

> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 14:29:53 -0600
> From: Jackson, DeJuan <djackson@cpsgroup.com>
> To: Jim Carroll <jim@carroll.com>, pgsql-interfaces@postgreSQL.org
> Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] Postgres Limitations
>
> It is currently unclear as to what will happen when you table reaches 2G
> of storage on most file systems.  I think that >2G table handling got
> broken somehow.

 I know this is probably a "loaded" question, but  do  have  any  idea  what
 might be the cause of this limitation ? Are there any FAQ's, docs or source
 code references we could follow up to see about solving this problem ?

 We  are  looking  to  create  an  index  for  70  Million records. My quick
 calculations show we will have a single table larger than 15GB.

---
Jim C., President       | C A R R O L L - N E T, Inc.
201-488-1332            | New Jersey's Premier Internet Service Provider
www.carroll.com         |
www.message-server.com  | Carroll-Net Message Server.