multiple sessions to create index in parallel support

От James Pang (chaolpan)
Тема multiple sessions to create index in parallel support
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,

   We have a large database that just migrated data from Oracle to Postgres(13.4), after data load. We try to create indexes ,  with only one connection , the create index automatically run in parallel (table size 40G) ,  then we started two connections and each session creating index on large table, but at this time, only 1 session parallel creating index, the other one creating index in serial. There are enough parallel_workers and memory.  Is that expected ?  only 1 session allowed to parallel index creating at the same time ?

Thanks,

James