Re: multiple sessions to create index in parallel support

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: multiple sessions to create index in parallel support
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"James Pang (chaolpan)" <chaolpan@cisco.com> writes:
>    We have a large database that just migrated data from Oracle to Postgres(13.4), after data load. We try to create
indexes,  with only one connection , the create index automatically run in parallel (table size 40G) ,  then we started
twoconnections and each session creating index on large table, but at this time, only 1 session parallel creating
index,the other one creating index in serial. There are enough parallel_workers and memory.  Is that expected ?  only 1
sessionallowed to parallel index creating at the same time ?

Check your settings for max_parallel_workers and
max_parallel_maintenance_workers.

От: "James Pang (chaolpan)"
Сообщение: multiple sessions to create index in parallel support
От: "James Pang (chaolpan)"
Сообщение: RE: multiple sessions to create index in parallel support