Re: COnsidering a move away from Postgres

От Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com
Тема Re: COnsidering a move away from Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Out of curiosity, what other backends do you consider and what is their
> syntax for such problems.

Most folks that use Oracle's PL/SQL like it.  I have a sneaking suspicion
Oracle used the GNAT parser for Ada as a starting point, but that is pure
conjecture.  Oracle does document that PL/SQL is Ada with SQL extensions.
An enterprising individual could get the source for GNAT from AdaCore (it's
GPL'd) and create a workalike language for PostgreSQL.  I'm not
enterprising.

Rick