Re: COnsidering a move away from Postgres

От Dawid Kuroczko
Тема Re: COnsidering a move away from Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/30/05, Jason Tesser <jtesser@nbbc.edu> wrote:
> I work for a college and we use PG currently as our main backend.  We are
> currently developing with Java.  We are considering moving away from postgres
> for the reasons I am going to list below.  I would appreciate some thoughts
> from the Postgres community on way we should or shouldn't leave postgres.

Out of curiosity, what other backends do you consider and what is their
syntax for such problems.  Don't get me wrong, I don't intend to prove
anything by asking so.  I am just curious what syntax would you prefer,
or in other words, what syntax is most convenient for a person doing
procedural language intense project.  Hopefully it will help PL/pgSQL
develop in a best direction.

So, please post samples of syntax (and a DB-name, I'm curious about
other DBs syntaxes).

   Regards,
     Dawid