Re: Errors in messages file

От rolf.ostvik@axxessit.no
Тема Re: Errors in messages file
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Patrick Meylemans <Patrick.Meylemans@wtcm.be> wrote:
>The problem is detected but the reason is still not clear. It seems that
if
>one is connecting via a ODBC link from a winbox to a postgresql database
>the link first tries to connect via username Admin, see syslog :

>Oct 25 07:47:52 backbone logger: verify_password: user 'Admin' not found
in
>password file.
>Oct 25 07:47:52 backbone logger: Password authentication failed for user
>'Admin'
>Oct 25 07:47:52 backbone logger: 2002-10-25 07:47:52
>[2938]   DEBUG:  connection: host=192.168.244.37 user=icsadmin
>database=ics_poll
>Oct 25 07:47:53 backbone logger: 2002-10-25 07:47:53
>[2938]   ERROR:  Relation 'msysconf' does not exist
>
>Does anybody has a clue what the relation msyconf means ?

I use Microsoft Access and i have created the msysconf table in my
database. I am not sure if it only has to do with Microsoft Access or it
is JET based (or something other). I will refer to Access in the rest of
the post. By the way try to look for msysconf in the help file for Access
if it is available for you.

Normally Access stores the connection data and uses these the next time it
links to a external table. If Access find a msysconf table in the database
it is connecting to, it will check the parameters there. One of the
options is to force Access to ask the user for the username and password.

create a table msysconf and set the values as shown below:
database=# \d msysconf
               Table "msysconf"
  Column  |          Type          | Modifiers
----------+------------------------+-----------
 config   | smallint               | not null
 chvalue  | character varying(255) |
 nvalue   | integer                |
 comments | character varying(255) |

database=# select * from msysconf;
 config | chvalue | nvalue | comments
--------+---------+--------+----------
    101 |         |      0 |
(1 row)

database=#

A warning. The Access application (or whatever it is) will ask the user
for the connection details, it has to be done some programming on the
frontend side to get a pleasant login box.

The details may not be all correct but i hope this will give you some
idea/help.

Regards
--
Rolf