Re: Help with error message

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Help with error message
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"JOE" <joe@piscitella.com> writes:
> During our load testing we saw the errors below.  I believe that the "Sorry=
> , too many clients already" is because we exceeding the max connections to =
> the database.

Check.

> The "Socket command type ' unknown" error I do not understand.

The most likely bet is loss of synchronization between backend and
client.  The typical scenario is that the client is sending COPY data
and the server has a problem with some row and errors out.  The client
keeps sending COPY data, so the next thing the server gets is more
COPY data instead of the fresh command it's expecting.  If the first
character of the additional data is "'" then you'd get the above
message.  Is your load testing exercising COPY with bad data?

(Yes, the COPY protocol is misdesigned.  We're talking about fixing
that in 7.4.)