Re: DSN-Less

От rolf.ostvik@axxessit.no
Тема Re: DSN-Less
Дата
Список pgsql-general
victor silalahi <thesinbook@bassplayer.cc> wrote:
>get any information about DSN less according to
>ConnectionString property in my VB6 application. is there
>possible to use DSN Less to connect to postgresql dbms ?
>and what kind of ConnectionString that i will use
>to connect postgresql dbms (with DSN less) ?

In LabVIEW (with database connectivity toolset) i use (i think it uses
ADO):
------- Start --
Provider=MSDASQL.1;
Extended
Properties="DRIVER={PostgreSQL};SERVER=ServerName;UID=UserName;PWD=Password;READONLY=0;DATABASE=DatabaseName;
-------- Stop (No linefeeds in string) --------

In Microsoft Access 97:
------- Start --
ODBC;DRIVER={PostgreSQL};SERVER=ServerName;UID=UserName;PWD=Password;READONLY=0;DATABASE=DatabaseName;
-------- Stop (No linefeeds in string) --------

Put in appropriate values for
        ServerName
        UserName