Re: after postgres upgrade - ERROR: current transaction

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: after postgres upgrade - ERROR: current transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Abdul-Wahid Paterson wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> I have kinda put my finger on the problem. It seems that a transaction
> was crashing out somewhere in my code and a rollback was not being done
> (I have not found the line of code yet) and the next PHP script to take
> on the connection was therefore getting a message saying that the
> current transaction was aborted.
>
> I changed my PHP connection setting to not use persistent connections
> and the problem was fixed. Although, that was not a good solution for me
> as I have high sever load.

This problem of transactions staying around for another connection was
fixed in PHP, I thought.  PHP5 also has a fix to RESET all GUC variables
for persistent connection, but I thought the transaction-reset code was
already in current PHP versions.