Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL query failed: ERROR: pg_atoi: zero-length

От Nigel J. Andrews
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL query failed: ERROR: pg_atoi: zero-length
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, shreedhar wrote:

> If I try to delete a record from my table which is giving following error
>

> Warning: PostgreSQL query failed: ERROR: pg_atoi: zero-length string in
> /xxx/database.inc on line 73
>
> What might be the problem.

Looks like line 73 of your /xxx/database.inc PHP script is submitting a query
formated with a zero length string instead of a number. Look for the variable
being formated into the query string being undefined thereby leading to the
somethat that looks like:

  delete from aaa where id =

instead of a more normal:

  delete from aaa where id = 44

You wouldn't believe the number of times I've explained that error message to a
PHP developer.

--
Nigel J. Andrews