Re: Postgres 32bit on Windows 64bit, related components

От Jayadevan M
Тема Re: Postgres 32bit on Windows 64bit, related components
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> We're about to purchase a new server for our Postgres 8.4 database.
> We’d like to go with Windows 64bit for possible future developments,
> but are happy to stick with 32bit Postgres + Npgsql, ODBC, OpenSSL,
> slony2 and libxml2, libpq.
Any specific reasons for choosing Windows? Once in a while, I see someone
posting issues about PostgreSQL on windows and replies which go 'Windows?
hmmm...not sure about that ..". Of course, those were not questions about
queries/query tuning etc. Those get answered. These questions mostly deal
with  crashes/recovery/security related and so on.

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication.
IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy,
adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any
attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses
or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."

От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: pgfoundry news section
От: "Brendan Hill"
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 32bit on Windows 64bit, related components