Postgres 32bit on Windows 64bit, related components

От Brendan Hill
Тема Postgres 32bit on Windows 64bit, related components
Дата
Re: Postgres 32bit on Windows 64bit, related components  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Re: Postgres 32bit on Windows 64bit, related components  (Brar Piening <brar@gmx.de>)
Список pgsql-general

We're about to purchase a new server for our Postgres 8.4 database. We’d like to go with Windows 64bit for possible future developments, but are happy to stick with 32bit Postgres + Npgsql, ODBC, OpenSSL, slony2 and libxml2, libpq.

I understand that Postgres 32bit runs fine in Windows 64bit, but I’m concerned about whether all of the extra components will. I don’t want to run into any compatibility issues, and I certainly don’t want to have to recompile any components manually. Happy to run all components in 32 bit.

Can anyone confirm whether an 32bit installation of all these components will work together successfully in a 64bit Windows environment?

Thanks in advance,

-Brendan