Re: Postgres 32bit on Windows 64bit, related components

От Brendan Hill
Тема Re: Postgres 32bit on Windows 64bit, related components
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Jayadevan,

We're adding to our server farm, which is Windows. We use Windows as our application is .NET based, and related
componentsin our systems require Windows. Switching to *nix is not an option.

I'm just after some assurance that all the extra 32bit components in Postgres will run OK under 64bit Windows. I mean
allegedly*anything* 32bit is supposed to run under 64bit, but it's not always this simple in practice.

-Brendan

-----Original Message-----
From: Jayadevan M [mailto:Jayadevan.Maymala@ibsplc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 8 September 2010 4:42 PM
To: Brendan Hill
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org; pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 32bit on Windows 64bit, related components

> We're about to purchase a new server for our Postgres 8.4 database.
> We’d like to go with Windows 64bit for possible future developments,
> but are happy to stick with 32bit Postgres + Npgsql, ODBC, OpenSSL,
> slony2 and libxml2, libpq.
Any specific reasons for choosing Windows? Once in a while, I see someone
posting issues about PostgreSQL on windows and replies which go 'Windows?
hmmm...not sure about that ..". Of course, those were not questions about
queries/query tuning etc. Those get answered. These questions mostly deal
with  crashes/recovery/security related and so on.

От: Jayadevan M
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 32bit on Windows 64bit, related components
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 32bit on Windows 64bit, related components