Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases

От Matt Clark
Тема Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hmm, maybe you need to back off a bit here on your expectations.  You said your test involved 400 clients
simultaneouslyrunning
queries that hit pretty much all the data in each client's DB.  Why would you expect that to be anything *other* than
slow?

And does it reflect expected production use?  Unless those 10,000 sites are all fantastically popular, surely it's more
likelythat
only a small number of queries will be in progress at any given time?  You're effectively simulating running 400 _very_
popular
dynamic websites off one 2-cpu DB server.

You also said that CPU is pegged at 100%.  Given that you've got 400 backends all competing for CPU time you must have
aninsane
load average too, so improving the connect time might prove to be of no use, as you could well just get fasert connects
andthen
slower queries!

Sorry this email wasn't more constructive ;-)

Сообщение: Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases
Сообщение: Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases