Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases

От Marek Florianczyk
Тема Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
W liście z pią, 31-10-2003, godz. 13:54, Jamie Lawrence pisze:
> On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Matt Clark wrote:
>
> > I was more thinking that it might be possible to manage the security at a different level than the DB.
> >

> We do this with users and permissions.
>
> Each virtual host has an apache config include specifying a db user,
> pass (and database, although most of them use the same one).
> Permissions on the database tables are set so that a given vhost can
> only access their own data.
>
> Our setup is mod_perl. Don't know how one would go about doing this with
> PHP, but I imagine it has some mechanism for per-vhost variables or
> similar.

So, as I understand apache vhost can only connect to specified database.
Strange... no PHP only mod_perl that fetch data from database and writes
html document ? So, clients don't make any scripts, and don't use
function like pgconnect? Do they use CGI with mod_perl, and they write
scripts in perl ? Interesting.
Don't know if it's possible with PHP, don't think so.
But... If I would have 200, or even 900 clients I would do apache with
vhost. But when I have 10.000 clients, apache cannot work with vhosts. (
some system limitation ) So we use our own dynamic vhost module. When
request is made to server, it checks domain part of the request, and
search i LDAP what is DocumentRoot for that domain, and then return
proper file. Config looks like it was only one vhost, but it works with
10.000 domains ;)
No, I think that your solution, would not work for us.
Everything is complicated when a large number of anything occurs. ;)

greetings
sorry for my bad english

Сообщение: Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases
Сообщение: Re: performance problem - 10.000 databases