Re: Leftover TEMPORARY tables?

От Andrew Biagioni
Тема Re: Leftover TEMPORARY tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'm running 7.3.1 and I seem to get a fair number of these as well.  I have no
problems removing them, possibly because the processes associated with them are
really gone.

My best estimate as to when they appear is when I abort a transaction in
PGAdminII by killing the corresponding process on the server ("kill -9 XXXX"),
but that alone doesn't seem to account for all of them.  I DEFINITELY never
have backend crashes - steady as a rock, and I love it for that :-).

This begs the question:  what is a more elegant way to kill a runaway PGAdminII
transaction, when PGAdminII is running on Windows and I don't want to kill
PGAdminII itself (because it's executing a complex query I don't want to re-
write from scratch)?

Thanks,

        Andrew