Re: pg_restore problem!!!

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: pg_restore problem!!!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi David-

I don't use the -Fc or -Ft format exclusively because I ran into dependency
problems with the order of object creation  when trying to do a full
database restore using pg_restore and these formats.

Since we have a fair amount of space, I do both a tar format and a
plain-text format dump every night. This gives me the option of quickly
restoring the entire database from the plain text version (which has no
dependency problems), but then also easily restoring a single object or
group of objects using pg_restore from the tar format. I haven't explored
using the c (custom/compressed) format because when I inquired about the
dependency problems I encountered with the tar format, I learned that this
was a known problem in every format except plain text.

If you're using only -Fc format, you might want to try running a full
restore to make sure you don't have to reorder elements during recovery. I
opted to do both formats because our database is subject to regular
structure changes, so I can't tell how elements will have to be re-ordered
in advance. I like all of my restore pre-plans to be simple enough to
execute quickly and with little thought while many people are talking to me.
(Because it is well-known among most users that distracting your SysAdmin
with frequent visits and phone calls  makes him work faster and ensures that
your system gets restored more quickly.)

-NF

Сообщение: Re: Replication/Failover/HA solution
Сообщение: Re: Replication/Failover/HA solution