Re: pg_restore problem!!!

От David Olbersen
Тема Re: pg_restore problem!!!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Nick,

> pg_dump dbname | gzip > dbdumpfile.gz
>
> gunzip -c dbdumpfile | psql dbname

If you're compressing why not use:

pg_dump -Fc dbname -f dbdumpfile
pg_restore dbdumpfile

?

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm genuinely curious! When I first started I didn't realize we did our dumps this way
andtried to gzip one of the dump files: and got 0% savings!

If this is a way to reduce the size of my nightly dumps I'm all for it! :)

David Olbersen
iGuard Engineer
St. Bernard Software
11415 West Bernardo Court