pg_restore error: function plpgsql_call_handler already exists with same argument types

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема pg_restore error: function plpgsql_call_handler already exists with same argument types
Дата
Re: pg_restore error: function plpgsql_call_handler already  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi-

I'm trying to do a dump & restore of a complete database using tar archive
format. I've previously used the text dump approach, so I'm very new to this
method.

I created the dump using:

pg_dump -Ft alpha > alpha.dump.tar

I'm trying to restore into an empty db using:

pg_restore -d alpha2  alpha.dump.tar

and I get this error:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  function
plpgsql_call_handler already exists with same argument types

I found a brief mention of this error in an old novice list posting, but it
seemed to be connected to a plain text dump file, so I'm still mystified.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser  nickf@ontko.com  Phone 1.765.935.4283  Fax 1.765.962.9788