Re: pg_restore error: function plpgsql_call_handler

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: pg_restore error: function plpgsql_call_handler
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 13:16, Nick Fankhauser wrote:
> Hi-
>
> I'm trying to do a dump & restore of a complete database using tar archive
> format. I've previously used the text dump approach, so I'm very new to this
> method.
>
> I created the dump using:
>
> pg_dump -Ft alpha > alpha.dump.tar
>

> I'm trying to restore into an empty db using:
>
> pg_restore -d alpha2  alpha.dump.tar
>
> and I get this error:
>
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  function
> plpgsql_call_handler already exists with same argument types
>
> I found a brief mention of this error in an old novice list posting, but it
> seemed to be connected to a plain text dump file, so I'm still mystified.
>
> Any thoughts?

It sounds as though you are trying to restore an item which is already
in the database.  Perhaps this snippet from the pg_restore man page may
be relevent:

        If your installation has any local additions to the template1
        database, be careful to load the output of pg_restore into a
        truly empty database; otherwise you are likely to get errors due
        to duplicate definitions of the added objects. To make an  empty
        database without any local additions, copy from template0 not
        template1, for example:

               CREATE DATABASE foo WITH TEMPLATE = template0;

--
Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>
LFIX Limited

Вложения