Re: The new driver and PostgreSQL7.1.3

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: The new driver and PostgreSQL7.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

> I still want
> to be sure
> that the name of the jar does not mean that it can't be used
> together with
> the 7.1.3 version of the database.

My understanding based on earlier posts from "the people who should know" is
that the 7.2 driver is compatible with 7.1.3. I've been using it in this way
on a development system with no problems for a while, but of course, I don't
exercise every function.

> I get the Exception:
> java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  Unable to identify an operator '='
> for types 'int4' and 'text'
>         You will have to retype this query using an explicit cast

If you can send the prepared statement text, table create statement, and the
line you get the error on to the list, it would help solve this.

One simple thing you might check first- The last time I got this error, I
had mis-counted my columns, and so I was off by one & really was trying to
stuff a string into an integer field.

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser  nickf@ontko.com  Phone 1.765.935.4283  Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.     Software Consulting Services     http://www.ontko.com/