Re: Missing or Erroneous pg_hba.conf file

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: Missing or Erroneous pg_hba.conf file
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Alex

It sounds like perhaps you were using a windows editor?? You were correct to
tell it you want no formatting, but I'd guess that even in text-only mode,
your file got saved with DOS/Windows EOL markers, rendering it unreadable on
your Unix box.

I'll send a plain vanilla pg_hba.conf to you off-list, and you can use it as
a starting point to edit again, (using a unix editor this time <grin>). Or
alternately, you can probably use a dos->unix filter on the old file.

Regards,

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser  nickf@ontko.com  Phone 1.765.935.4283  Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.     Software Consulting Services     http://www.ontko.com/