Re: Problems setting up DB at a different location

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: Problems setting up DB at a different location
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Sven-

I am attaching an html file from our internal company documentation that may
help. We are running PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on Debian. The section in the html
file marked "Some general concepts and experiences we've had:" includes a
description of how we placed data in a separate area. (Most of the links in
this doc won't work because they refer to files that live behind our
firewall.)

One problem that I had was forgetting to use the "-" when doing "su -
postgres". The "-" ensures that you pick up any environment variables
defined in the postgres user's .profile

I hope this helps. I can offer further assistance if it does not.

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser

    nickf@doxpop.com  Phone 1.765.965.7363  Fax 1.765.962.9788
doxpop - Court records at your fingertips - http://www.doxpop.com/