Problem with tcp/ip connection, postgresql.conf

От Nick Fankhauser - Doxpop
Тема Problem with tcp/ip connection, postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi-

I'm posting this summary for a person that I've been corresponding with
off-list:

He is trying to use JDBC, so he wants to turn on the TCP/IP socket.

The platform is Postgresql 7.2 on SuSe 8.0

If he starts the postmaster with the -i flag, he can get a connection.

If he sets tcpip_socket = 1 in postgresql.conf, but doesn't use the -i flag
on startup, it doesn't work.

So far, my suggestions have been to make sure the postgresql.conf file is in
the data directory and is readable. Beyond this I can't think of anything,
but I've never used the SuSe distribution, so there may be something odd
about the directory structure that I'm missing.

Is there a SuSe user on the list that can help?

Thanks
    -Nick

Nick Fankhauser

    nickf@doxpop.com  Phone 1.765.965.7363  Fax 1.765.962.9788