Re: PG 7.1.2 Crash: cannot read xlog dir

От kay
Тема Re: PG 7.1.2 Crash: cannot read xlog dir
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom,

Thanks for the advice. I realize your concern, but it turns out there was a
simple solution. I'd like to share that solution with the list, since the
solution I received was not posted on the list. Since "VDS" servers are
becoming more popular by the day, this might be useful to some other admins
in the future.

> Please contact your ISP. There is a bug in the "VDS" jail that
> causes this behavior.
> The solution is to create the soft link in the /dev of the VDS
> linking console to null:
> cd /dev; ln -s null console
> You can not do this , your ISP has to do it for you.

It worked perfectly. Thanks to Jefim Matskin for this solve.

-Keith