Are you running v7 on Debian?

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Are you running v7 on Debian?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi-

We're currently running 6.5.3 on Debian 2.2 Linux. I would rather be on V7,
but chose the older version based on the info at the Debian ports site.
We're new to this, so we took the easy way out. Now that I've been lurking
on the mailing lists for a while, I get the sense that there are quite a few
folks running V7 on Debian without significant problems.

A couple of questions-

1) Are we likely to experience significant problems using the "unstable"
Debian package for v7.0.2-6? Does anyone have any words of wisdom or
encouragement based on their experience?

2) An informal poll: send me an email (nickf@ontko.com) if you are running
v7.x on Debian. After a few days, I'll send a message back to the list with
the count of how many folks are using it so we know how many brains are
working on it if we run into a snag.

Thanks!

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser