Re: Backup and Restore

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: Backup and Restore
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dave-

I ran into this recently & made a similar inquiry of the list. Apparently
the pg_restore dependency problems are known issues, but not fixed in 7.2. I
haven't looked to see if it is fixed in 7.3 yet.

In our case, space was not an issue and backups run quickly enough that I
just do two backups each night- one to tar format in case I want to restore
individual tables, and one to text format so I can do a complete restore
with ease.

Before taking this approach I also played around a bit with both the TOC and
creating a shell script with a bunch of pg_restores in the correct order. I
quickly concluded that as long as space allows, I preferred the simpler
approach of two backups since I don't have to remember to edit my shell
script every time a make a change to the database. Like you, I prefer my
tools for mid-disaster to be simple.

-Nick