Starting a new project, any opinions about using 7.0?

От Michael S. Kelly
Тема Starting a new project, any opinions about using 7.0?
Дата
Re: Starting a new project, any opinions about using 7.0?  (Lincoln Yeoh <lylyeoh@mecomb.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I'm starting a new project.  We've selected PostgreSQL and I'm wondering if
we shouldn't just jump in with 7.0 and avoid conversion hassles later on.  I
guess the issues for me are:

1.  Stability.  How good is Beta 5 (it is 5 now isn't it?)
2.  Documentation.  Are the docs ready?
3.  Support.  Who out there can help when things go wrong?

I'd also be interested in what you feel are the most compelling features of
7.0.  Is it the foreign keys, the overhauled optimizer, the updated psql, or
other features?

Thanks,

-=michael=-