passwords ?

От Benjamin Tehan
Тема passwords ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ok, I have a small query.

When I goto create a database I cannot create one

I've already created the a new postgres database via initdb and i have run
postmaster

I never set a password to postgres, and I've tried using the admin/root
password and yet that doesnt work either.

Any one got any ideas ?

I'm using Linux

[admin@host3 admin]$ su
Password:
[root@host3 admin]# su - postgres
[postgres@host3 pgsql]$ createdb cfsnippets
Connection to database 'template1' failed.
fe_sendauth: no password supplied

createdb: database creation failed on cfsnippets.
[postgres@host3 pgsql]$ createdb -u cfsnippets
Username: postgres
Password:

Connection to database 'template1' failed.
Password authentication failed for user 'postgres'