Обсуждение: bug with serial field?

bug with serial field?

От
"Hernan J. Gonzalez"
Дата:
My table 'clientes' has a serial field,
with name 'rid'.
Now, take a look at these queries:

ss => select rid from clientes where rid > 18974 and
rid < 18976;
  rid
-----
18975
(1 row)

ss => select rid from clientes where rid = 18975;
rid
---
(0 rows)

A vacuum  (or vacuum analyze) did not fix the
problem.
I only fixed this by droping and recreating
the (implicit) index for the sequence:

ss =>  drop index clientes_temp_rid_key;
ss => CREATE UNIQUE INDEX "clientes_temp_rid_key" on
"clientes" using btree ( "rid" "int4_ops" );

And now, it's ok:

ss => select rid from clientes where rid = 18975;
 rid
-----
18975
(1 row)

Rather disturbing, isn't it? Any ideas ?

Hernan Gonzalez
Buenos Aires, Argentina

http://im.yahoo.com

passwords ?

От
"Benjamin Tehan"
Дата:
Ok, I have a small query.

When I goto create a database I cannot create one

I've already created the a new postgres database via initdb and i have run
postmaster

I never set a password to postgres, and I've tried using the admin/root
password and yet that doesnt work either.

Any one got any ideas ?

I'm using Linux

[admin@host3 admin]$ su
Password:
[root@host3 admin]# su - postgres
[postgres@host3 pgsql]$ createdb cfsnippets
Connection to database 'template1' failed.
fe_sendauth: no password supplied

createdb: database creation failed on cfsnippets.
[postgres@host3 pgsql]$ createdb -u cfsnippets
Username: postgres
Password:

Connection to database 'template1' failed.
Password authentication failed for user 'postgres'