Authentication Problems

От Graham Vickrage
Тема Authentication Problems
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

I have a problem that may not be directly to do with postgres but I can't
seem to figure it out. I have a linux redhat server with apache and postgres
7.0 runing on the same machine.

I am trying to sort out authentication so that local clients can connect to
the databases using 'ident sameuser' and internet users connect using
'password'. My pg_hba.conf file looks as follows: -

host         all         127.0.0.1           255.255.255.0        ident
sameuser
host         all         0.0.0.0              0.0.0.0
password

I assumed that the above would solve my problem, which it only half manages.
The local client connections are working correctly after putting
PGHOST=localhost as an environment variable.

HOWEVER when I connect via an internet site it will not allow a connection
(password auth.), the error I get is: -

DBI->connect failed: No pg_hba.conf entry for host localhost, user usr,
database db

Is this because connections from the internet are currently being made as
unix domain sockets instead of tcp/ip loopback via apache? If so how do I
distinguish between internet and local connections. Does anyone know if I
should be looking at apache for the solution or is it somethin subtle in
postgres that I am missing?

Thanks

Graham

Вложения