Re: creating gist index on ltree column failed

От jian xu
Тема Re: creating gist index on ltree column failed
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks Tom for your reply. my pg version is 11.8.

I used "select into" to export some long rows to a new table, then tried to create gist index on it. I got same error as yours.
===
CREATE INDEX order_tree_path_idx_mytbl
    ON mytbl USING gist
    (path);
ERROR:  index row size 7496 exceeds maximum 8152 for index "order_tree_path_idx_mytbl"
===

so it looks like the errors I got might be related with other data in the same table, but I am not sure which rows, there are 12k rows in the table.

regarding as the gist index size limitation 8152 , do you know how to workaround it? if we set the block size from 8k to a large value(32k), will it help?

thank you

James