Backup - Restore (pg-dump)

От creid
Тема Backup - Restore (pg-dump)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Any Help

I recently upgraded to 7.3.4 from 7.3.2.  Prior to the upgrade I used
"pg_dump -a > olddatafile" for just data and "pg_dump -s > oldschemafile"
for schema using the pg_dump utility from 7.3.2.  After a "successful"
install of 7.3.4, I created the database then went on to "successful"
"psql -f schemafile" and then "psql -f > datafile" and results were as
expected.

However, when i used the "pg_dump -a newdatafile" and "psql -f newdatafile"
commands from the 7.3.4 version, I get random:

psql:bcgdata3:491: ERROR:  $1 referential integrity violation - key
referenced from customer not found in euser
psql:bcgdata3:491: lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
psql:bcgdata3:507: ERROR:  $1 referential integrity violation - key
referenced from billing not found in customer
psql:bcgdata3:507: lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
psql:bcgdata3:528: ERROR:  $1 referential integrity violation - key
referenced from shipping not found in customer
psql:bcgdata3:528: lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
psql:bcgdata3:586: ERROR:  $1 referential integrity violation - key
referenced from javastore not found in euser
psql:bcgdata3:586: lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
psql:bcgdata3:628: ERROR:  $1 referential integrity violation - key
referenced from bcgmodules not found in javastore
psql:bcgdata3:628: lost synchronization with server, resetting connection

I tried each command on old cluster and new cluster and very same results.

However, I successfully update the 7.3.4 database when I "psql -f
olddatafile" using the 7.3.4 psql command.

What might be my problem and/or solution?  I hope I am clear enough for a
positive response.

Thanks Much

creid@netbcg.com