Re: Sequences

От Gareth Kirwan
Тема Re: Sequences
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
* smacks your hand for using uppercase letters *

Another big no no is not keeping your create sequences for sequences ( what
a pun ) in a file somewhere.
Otherwise you can't drop them because you don't remember what parameters
they took ( but you can always, as you say, look at system tables )
Check the \ds.
If not there try \dS, which leads you to do:
select * from pg_statio_all_sequences;
if it's still not there - give up - it's not there :-p

Gareth

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Danny Morgan
Sent: 28 October 2002 18:57
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] Sequences

I have a strange dilemma.  I've created a couple sequences I can't
remove.

Here is an example

I can
    CREATE SEQUENCE "count1" ..........;
    DROP SEQUENCE count1;

I can't
    CREATE SEQUENCE "count1ListItems1" ..........;
    DROP SEQUENCE count1ListItems1;

    It states sequence xx does not exist.

I can \ds and it is there.

I'm using v7.2.3, is there a way to manually remove a sequence or best
yet why can't I remove a sequence that has only 16 chars?

Thanks,
Danny L. Morgan