Re: pg_hba.conf on win32

От dima
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf on win32
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
 > How might we (1) locate which pg_hba.conf file postgres uses on
cygwin and (2)
 > where pg is storing the data.  I looked into the environment but
couldn't
 > find anything there.
1) try to copy pg_hba.conf.sample or pg_hba.conf (wherever it is @ your
host) to $PGHOME/data & edit it then.
2) database directories should be either @ $PGHOME/data/base or @
/var/lib/pgsql/data/base. well, i run postgresql on freebsd & so i don't
have a default directory for my databases; i use the one i ran initdb on
instead.

 > Also, since postgres starts as a windows service, how does one put
commandline
 > parms on the postmaster so that it listens to a socket.  Sorry about the
 > newbie questions but all the docs I found point to runing pg on various
 > unicies.
try to figure out what control_panel->services item contains ;)
it can be in the registry as well. i don't remember for sure since i
didn't use ms windows intenssively for about 5 years already.

try the following link for info on installing & tuning postgresql on ms
windows.
http://www.gnumed.org/documentation/user-manual/win9x.html

От: "Gareth Kirwan"
Сообщение: Re: Sequences
От: Andrew Sullivan
Сообщение: Re: postgres xlog crashes - recovery procedure