replication help ...

От Sunil N Shinde
Тема replication help ...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,

I need to create some concrete document regarding the replication method.

We want to suggest best method for load balancing to client.

I have gone through the below link. But could not formulate the exact document to put forward to  client regarding the best solution .

                https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/high-availability.html

I am bit confused with the terms Hot standby, warm standby, streaming replication, log shipping, synchronous, asynchronous, etc.

I can understand the meaning and definition. But I am unable to consolidate in a proper manner or order or unable to correlate with each other.

Can someone please help me in this regard?

Thanks & Regards,

Sunil N Shinde