Streaming basebackup initialization does not capture pg_xlog transfer on replica.

От David DeMann
Тема Streaming basebackup initialization does not capture pg_xlog transfer on replica.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello all,

PostgreSQL Version: 9.3

I have an intended single master and single replica setup (for hot standby purposes).   The master is fairly large, 3TB database.
I initiate the pg_basebackup command on the replica:  "pg_basebackup -Xs -R"   (master host and port specified as well) and receive the following output:

Output
transaction log start point:  <WAL Hash> on timeline 2
pg_basebackup: starting background WAL receiver
pg_basebackup: could not send replication command "TIMELINE_HISTORY": ERROR: could not open file "pg_xlog/00000002.history": no such file or directory

Result
The backup finishes hours later, and all of the data files seem to be in the target directory, but the pg_xlog is empty, and I assumed that is where all of the logs captured during the backup were intended to be streamed to.

Any insight appreciated.