null date fields

От Marco Tulio
Тема null date fields
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Its every time a big problem when porting data from
another databases to PostgreSQL.

I ever need translate null date fields to "NULL" string,
instead the normal '' sintaxe.

Considering this table:

CREATE TABLE order (order_id int4, sale date);

This causes error:

INSERT INTO order (order_id, sales) VALUES (1,'');

And I need write codes for translate the porting to:

INSERT INTO order (order_id, sales) VALUES (1,NULL);

Has any place to change this in configuration directory ?

((I need say that´s my English is soo poor ?? :-))

Marco Tulio
Desenvolvimento de sistemas para Internet

Quer ter seu próprio endereço na Internet?
Garanta já o seu e ainda ganhe cinco e-mails personalizados.
DomíniosBOL - http://dominios.bol.com.br