Обсуждение: null date fields

null date fields

От
"Marco Tulio"
Дата:
Its every time a big problem when porting data from
another databases to PostgreSQL.

I ever need translate null date fields to "NULL" string,
instead the normal '' sintaxe.

Considering this table:

CREATE TABLE order (order_id int4, sale date);

This causes error:

INSERT INTO order (order_id, sales) VALUES (1,'');

And I need write codes for translate the porting to:

INSERT INTO order (order_id, sales) VALUES (1,NULL);

Has any place to change this in configuration directory ?

((I need say that´s my English is soo poor ?? :-))

-----------

Marco Tulio
Desenvolvimento de sistemas para Internet

Quer ter seu próprio endereço na Internet?
Garanta já o seu e ainda ganhe cinco e-mails personalizados.
DomíniosBOL - http://dominios.bol.com.br

Re: null date fields

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Marco Tulio writes:

> Its every time a big problem when porting data from
> another databases to PostgreSQL.
>
> I ever need translate null date fields to "NULL" string,
> instead the normal '' sintaxe.

It's not normal, it's wrong.

> Has any place to change this in configuration directory ?

No.  You probably want to convince that other database to follow the
standard.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net