Re: User Log?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: User Log?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

pga_* tables aren't pgAdmin's - someone else complained to me about them,
but all pgAdmin stuff is pgadmin_*. That aside, you realise there is an
option on the Advanced menu in pgAdmin to remove them all?

> An operation I do on a regular basis is run some queries
> against a development database (my muck about one).  Then I
> run them against the programmers database.  Let the
> programmers regress their code to ensure it functions as
> expected.  Then I run the exact same queries against the test
> database where the QA staff can confirm the fix and continued
> operation.  Later I run them against the live database.
>
> If pgAdmin could record an editable playlog of all actions I
> do to the system (comments, structure changes, function
> changes, and hand
> queries) that would be excellent.  This playlog should not
> include any of PGAdmins internal dataselects.  Since there
> may be several days between steps the user should be able to
> record the log with a description.  A replay function will
> allow the user to 'play the log' against another database as
> requested.  Editing can be strictly removing some 'mistaken
> steps'.  Ideally I should be able to do a test play (rollback
> at the end rather than commit) to confirm it can be applied
> after editing.

There was a function in pgAdmin I that did something like this - nobody
really used it though except my team at work to my knowledge. Anyway, I'll
add it to the To-Do list as that seems like a good idea in the different
format that you describe.

Regards, Dave.