User Log?

От Rod Taylor
Тема User Log?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I'd first like to thank you for no longer creating the 'SPAM' pga_*
tables.  This allows me to actually use the tool on real systems
rather than just the toy ones.

An operation I do on a regular basis is run some queries against a
development database (my muck about one).  Then I run them against the
programmers database.  Let the programmers regress their code to
ensure it functions as expected.  Then I run the exact same queries
against the test database where the QA staff can confirm the fix and
continued operation.  Later I run them against the live database.

If pgAdmin could record an editable playlog of all actions I do to the
system (comments, structure changes, function changes, and hand
queries) that would be excellent.  This playlog should not include any
of PGAdmins internal dataselects.  Since there may be several days
between steps the user should be able to record the log with a
description.  A replay function will allow the user to 'play the log'
against another database as requested.  Editing can be strictly
removing some 'mistaken steps'.  Ideally I should be able to do a test
play (rollback at the end rather than commit) to confirm it can be
applied after editing.

As a side note, I still need to be able to cut & paste the SQL
generated for the purposes of a change control report.

Currently this can almost be done with the logging when you grep out
all of the selects (99.9% of the time it's pgAdmin doing it's thing).
--
Rod Taylor

Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice
how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The
opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt
otherwise.