Function Problem

От Geoff
Тема Function Problem
Дата
Re: Function Problem
Список pgsql-admin
I've got this function which works off a trigger.
The trigger is calling the function ok, but I get this error.
<error>
NOTICE: plpgsql: ERROR during compile of mon_sum_update near line 43
ERROR: parse error at or near ""

Now line 43 is this either the return null or end statement at the end of
the function...

RETURN NULL;

END

Can anyone see what I've done wrong in there?

TIA

Geoff

Here is my trigger and function.

trigger
======
CREATE TRIGGER doc_status_trig AFTER UPDATE ON document_status FOR EACH ROW
EXECUTE PROCEDURE mon_sum_update()

function
======
CREATE FUNCTION mon_sum_upd () RETURN OPAQUE AS '

BEGIN

-- Ensure we have a record that is valid .

IF ( ! NEW.direction && NEW.direction && NEW.msgtype && NEW.status )
    THEN
    RETURN NULL;

-- Ensure the record exists in the monitor_summary table.

IF ( ! EXISTS SELECT * FROM monitor_summary WHERE unit = NEW.unit and
msgtype = NEW.msgtype and direction = NEW.direction and status =
NEW.status )
    THEN
    INSERT INTO monitor_summary ( version, cdate, mdate, direction, unit,
msgtype, status ) VALUES ( 1, 'now', 'now', 'NEW.direction', 'NEW.unit',
'NEW.msgtype', 'NEW.status' );

-- Ensure OLD and NEW status's are different.

IF ( NEW.status == OLD.status )
    THEN
    RETURN NULL;

-- Update the OLD status record. ( -1 )

UPDATE monitor_summary
SET
    total = total - 1
WHERE
    direction = OLD.direction AND unit = OLD.unit AND msgtype = OLD.msgtype AND
status = OLD.status ;

-- Update the NEW status record. ( +1 )

UPDATE monitor_summary
SET
    total = total + 1
WHERE
    direction = OLD.direction AND unit = OLD.unit AND msgtype = OLD.msgtype AND
status = NEW.status ;

RETURN NULL;

END

' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' ;

I'm using pgAdminII to insert this function, and it goes in ok..

                    - Geoff Ellis
                     - +44(0)2476678484

       .-----------------------------------------------------------------.
      /  .-.    This message is intended only for the person or      .-.  \
     |  /   \   entity to which it is addressed and may contain     /   \  |
     | |\_.  |  confidential and/or privileged material. Any       |  ._/| |
     |\|  | /|  review, retransmission, dissemination or other     |\ |  |/|
     | `---' |  use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon,  | `---' |
     |       |  this information by persons or entities other than |       |
     |       |  the intended recipient is prohibited. If you get   |       |
     |     |  this message in error please contact the sender    |       |
     |     |  by return e-mail and delete the message from your  |       |
     |     |  computer. Any opinions contained in this message      |       |
     |     |  are those of the author and are not given or      |       |
     |     |  endorsed by Metalogic PLC unless otherwise clearly |       |
     |     |  indicated in this message and the authority of the |       |
     |     |  author to bind Metalogic is duly verified.         |       |
     |     |  Metalogic PLC accepts no liability for any errors     |       |
     |     |  or omissions in the context of this message which     |       |
     |     |  arise as a result of internet transmission.         |       |